I am now making the effort to get back into great shape. My good friend, Brian Davis, has dropped 40 pounds in 15 weeks which serves as my inspiration for this newfound desire to "get fit."
What failed in the past was the lack of motivation as well as not creating a way to make it FUN. So, I have a new strategy. I have created a competition between myself, Brian, and the one and only Josh Britt. Our competitions range from weight loss to agility, strength, and speed which include the following events:
1. Weight loss by percentage
2. Bicep Size
3. 3 Point shootout
4. Football throwing accuracy
5. Punt Accuracy
6. # of consecutive 30 yard field goals
7. Football longest toss
8. Punt distance
9. Longest field goal
10. Homerun Derby (softball)
11. 40-Yard Dash
12. 1 Mile run
I'm thinking the key to getting fit is to make it interesting and to mix it up... which I think we have accomplished.
Monday was my first official weigh in, and I started at 192. My biceps measured 14 1/2 for the right arm, and 14 for the left. This morning, I weighed in at 187... we'll see if that number holds. I assume it is just a fluctuation, and not actual weight loss just yet, but who knows...
My goals are:
1. DRINK MORE WATER, cut out caffeine.
2. Target weight of 180.
3. Bicep size to increase to 17" on BOTH arms. (come on left arm, I know you can do it too!!)
4. Run a mile in under 5:30.
5. Complete the full 90 days of P90X.
Wish me luck...
No comments:
Post a Comment